Important Information



Join the line queue to reserve your place in line before you head down to visit the Treasurer's Office! Our new feature allows you to save your spot in line while having flexibility in where you wait! Whether you wait in your car, at home, choose to run an errand or go have lunch, this new feature will inform you as to your place in line and the estimated wait time. No smart phone? No problem! There is an attendant ready at the Treasurer's Office to help all citizens reserve their spot in the queue. For additional information on the new queuing system and how it can help you, please click here!


Chip sealing of the road surface of Creighton Road, from one-third mile north of the intersection of 222nd Street and Creighton Road to Babcock Road, is scheduled for July 16 and 17, 2024.  The road will remain open with the use of pilot cars and flaggers.  Travelers are advised to drive with caution and delays can be expected.

Pennington County Vacation Home Rental (VHR) License

Pennington County, SD – Effective June 26, 2024, all Vacation Home Rentals operating in Pennington County (outside the jurisdiction of an incorporated municipality), will require a license to operate. Existing VHRs that have an approved Conditional Use Permit (previous requirements) will have until their review to obtain a license.  For any new VHR's, the County is giving a 30-day grace period. Application and information on the requirements, fees and penalties can be found on the County’s website at under the Planning Department. Please contact the Planning Department at or (605) 394-2186 with any questions.

Pennington County Board of Mental Illness and Review - Board Opening

The Pennington County Board of Commissioners is accepting submissions from interested persons who reside in Pennington County to serve on the Pennington County Board of Mental Illness and Review.  Appointments are for a three-year period. The Board of Mental Illness and Review is an administrative decision-making board which conducts hearings as needed to determine the facts regarding a person named in an emergency commitment petition. Click here for applicant information: more information, please contact the Commission Office at (605) 394-2171.