Veterans Services - Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Veterans Service Office have access to my VA file or medical records?
No. The County VSO does not have direct access but we can help you.

Can I apply for VA health care through the Veterans Service Office?

I have lost my DD-214, can you help me?
Yes. The county VSO has Department of Defense (DOD) and National Personnel Records Center forms available for completion.

Can you help me with applying for the South Dakota Bonus?
Yes.  The County VSO assists in submitting forms for the South Dakota Bonus.

Am I eligible for burial at the National Cemetery?
The County VSO offers advice and guidance on eligibility for veterans and their dependents concerning internment at the National Cemetery.