Other Records & Forms

Register of Deeds - Other Records & Forms

<< Register of Deeds Home

Certificate of Military Discharge

View or download the Authorization for Release of Certificate of Military Discharge form. This certificate must be filed with the Register of Deeds before an individual can receive copies of military discharge and the separation papers.  Please include a copy of your photo ID with the Release form.


Business Names Forms

To view or download a form(s), click on the link(s) below. Filing fee for a business name is $10.00 (terminations are free).

Exemptions from Transfer Fees

View a list of exemptions from transfer fees.  If exempt, the following statement will need to be typed on the deed and the corresponding exemption number. Example: Exempt from transfer fee 43-4-22(5)

Certificate of Real Estate Value

View or print the "Certificate of Real Estate Value."

Recording Fees & Requirements

For information about recording fees and requirements, please call the Pennington County Register of Deeds office at 605-394-2177. To view a law, select one of the links below from the South Dakota Legislature Legislative Research Council website: