Writs of Execution

Civil Division - Writs of Execution

<< Civil Division Home

A writ of execution may be requested from the court once a civil lawsuit has been won in Civil Court or Small Claims Court. Once a party has been awarded a judgment, an execution grants the Sheriff's Office power to attempt to collect the money owed. The execution must first be requested from the Clerk of Courts office then brought to the Sheriff's Office.

Once at the Sheriff's Office, there is a form to fill out with any information the creditor may have on the debtor, such as name, address, phone numbers, date of birth, social security number, and place of employment. At that time the $105 deposit will be requested. The deposit is added into the execution amount and collected from the debtor if we are able to collect. The file is set up and given to one of our Civil Deputies to attempt to collect. Once we receive the writ of execution the Deputies have 60 days to collect.

We cannot garnish wages; you will need to seek the advice of an attorney if you do not know how to draw up garnishment paperwork.

Download a Writ of Execution Form here.