Job Application Process
The Human Resources office accepts qualified applications for open positions through our online application program, NEOGOV. The hiring Office/Department receives the applications as soon as they are submitted. The hiring official reviews the applications, contacts the persons they wish to interview, and makes a final hiring selection. Persons not selected for an interview will be notified by either an email or letter.
Submitting an Application
Your completed Application for Employment with Pennington County is our only source of information about you. Please read the following carefully.
If this is your first time submitting an application using our new program you will need to create a Username and Password. A valid email address is needed to complete our application. Once your online profile is established, it may be updated and changed, by you, as needed.
- The application MUST be completed entirely and all questions must be answered. If a question does not apply indicate "N/A" for non-applicable.
- Any skills, education, licenses, etc. required for the position must also be included on the application to assure that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications.
- You may attach a resume or additional information that includes your qualifications for the position with your application.
- Use your current mailing address. Include any apartment, trailer, box, or lot number, and city, state and zip code. If you are staying with someone and if your name is not listed at the post office as a resident at that address, include C/O (in care of) and name of person.
- If any position requires a certificate, license, including a driver's license, proof of insurance, resume, etc., then these documents must be submitted with the application. The Human Resources Office will not make copies of any documents to be submitted with the application. The applicant must provide one copy of all documents he or she wants to submit with the application.
- Applications are accepted only when a position is announced, with some exceptions.
- Applications will only be accepted online using NEOGOV, except in the case of ADA requirements. If you have an ADA concern with filling out our applications please contact the Human Resources Office at the number listed below.
Interested applicants may view job announcements in person at the Pennington County Human Resources' Office, Pennington County Administration Building, 130 Kansas City St., Rapid City, South Dakota, from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Job announcements are also posted to our web site Job Openings page.
**NOTE: Any posted position may be closed or extended at any particular time during the advertisement period, at the discretion of the Pennington County.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): Pennington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, political beliefs, or disability. Pennington County buildings are accessible to disabled persons.