The Pennington County Auditor's Office performs all the duties required by law relative to all County, State and Federal elections held in the County. The Auditor also maintains voter registration records and election history.
- Campaign Finance Forms
- Election History
- General Information and District Maps
- Elected Officials
- Be a Poll Worker Help Carry the Torch - It takes 250 citizens to run the polls on Election Day
SD Agencies for People with Disabilities
City of Rapid City Special Election - February 20, 2018 - Sample Ballot
Primary Election - June 5, 2018
The following nominations are made in the closed party primary elections held on June 5, 2018:
- U.S. Representative - 2 year term
- Governor - 4 year term
- Legislative Districts 27, 29, 30, 32, 33, 34 and 35 - 2 year term
- County Commissioners - District 1, 3, 5 - 4 year term
- County Auditor - 4 year term
- County Sherriff - 4 year term
- Register of Deeds - 4 year term
- Delegates to State Party Conventions (only if designated to be elected at a Primary Election in the party's bylaws) - 2 year term
- Precinct Committeeman and Committeewoman (only if designated to be elected at a Primary Election in the party's bylaws) - 2 year term
General Election - November 6, 2018
- 2018 Municipal Election Calendar
- 2018 School Board Election Calendar
- 2018 City/School Combined with Primary Election Calendar
January 1, 2018 - earliest day to begin circulating nominating petitions for primary or independent candidates.
March 27, 2018 - deadline to file primary election nominating petitions; registered mail postmarked by deadline accepted.
April 24, 2018 - deadline for independent candidates to file nominating petitions for the November ballot; registered mail postmarked by deadline accepted.
- How to Circulate a Nominating Petition- Statewide, Legislative or County Candidates
- How to Circulate a County or Municipal Initiative or Referendum Petition
- Download a Petition
- Nominating Petition Partisan(print front and back on one page)
- Nominating Petition Independent (print front and back on one page)
- Republican Precinct Committee Person Statement of Candidacy